finding true happiness

finding true happiness

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Plateaus
















It's easy to sugar coat or post just the good stuff on social media. So let's be real here. The past two months have been rough-to say the least. Can we say MAJOR PLATEAU!?

 It was awful. There has been weeks where I've only lost 1/4 of a pound- or nothing at all. For the first time in 5 months I gained weight-3 pounds in 1 week. I considered it a nightmare because 1- I've been working so hard and 2- I can be a bit of a perfectionist. Last week I finally had a break through- I lost 10 pounds in one week!!! woop woop 

However, this post isn't about my results on the scale. I realized that I had so many other goals associated with my journey to a healthy happy life. I was creating even bigger plateaus by obsessing on the number on the scale that I failed to see that I had accomplished so much more.

 Aside from losing a total of 83lbs...
I've  lost 31 inches over all 
I no longer have insomnia and can sleep 8 solid hours 
I'm completely off of medication for anxiety and depression 
I've learned how to make healthier choices everywhere I go 
My hair skin and nails are on point 
I have tons more energy 
Flexibility, balance, and endurance have drastically improved. 
My clothes don't fit- meaning I need to do some shopping 
and most importantly I am happy! 

I have come such a long way in every aspect of my life. I have a clearer view of where I am and where I am headed. My goals make so much more sense and they're not just lost words- I am putting in the work. 
We need to remember that sometimes our mind can be our biggest obstacle. It could be fear, discouragement, pride, or emotions that begin to take control. We must learn to identify these road blocks and persevere. Remind your self what the bigger picture is. Are the things you are doing on a daily basis bringing you closer to your ultimate goal(s)?  If so, do not worry about a small set back. You've got this! 

For health and fitness motivation/ inspiration check out @squatsinguats on Instagram- link on side bar



No comments:

Post a Comment